Thunder Flyaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE; A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility. The Thunder Flyaway Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the State of Oklahoma who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (an “Entrant”). The Promotion may only be entered in, or from, the state of Oklahoma. All employees of The Professional Basketball Club, LLC d/b/a the Oklahoma City Thunder, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., (collectively, the "NBA"), Verizon Wireless and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses), and those living in the same household as each, are not eligible to participate in or win any prize in the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion, including but not limited to the administration and operation of the Promotion. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Promotion Period. The Promotion will begin on February 9, 2023 at 12:01 AM and will end on February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM (the “Promotion Period”). All times listed are in Central Time Zone. Sponsor’s clock shall be the official clock of the Promotion.
3. How to Enter. During the Promotion Period, Entrants may enter the Promotion in the following manner:
a. Visit okcthunder.com/onthefly during the Promotion Period and follow the online instructions to complete and submit an online entry. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. Multiple entries by the same person will be invalidated. All entries must be received by Sponsor prior to the end of the Promotion Period.
4. Winner Selection. One potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period on or about March 1, 2023, by Sponsor. The potential winner will be notified via phone call and/or email. If the potential winner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours after Sponsor provides notification or declines the Prize then such potential winner will forfeit the right to be the winner, and the Sponsor may select a replacement potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries. The potential winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release within three (3) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not required within the specified time period, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
5. Prize Description; Prize Restrictions; Odds. The winner will receive the following (the “Prize”): Prize Approx. Retail Value (ARV)
• Two (2) game tickets to Thunder v. Spurs game on March 12, 2023.
• Round-trip, economy airfare to San Antonio, Texas area for the winner and one guest (ground transportation excluded)
• Hotel accommodations in the San Antonio, Texas area for one (1) night arranged by Sponsor; and
• Up to three (3) meals a day for the winner and one (1) guest. $1,800
The above-described Prize is non-refundable, non-transferrable and is valid only for the person designated. All expenses that are not specifically provided herein are the winner’s sole responsibility, including but not limited to ground transportation costs, souvenirs, gratuities, and other expenses incurred by accepting and making use of any Prize. All aspects of the Prize shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with any prize of greater or equal value. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of entries the Sponsor has received by the end of each Entry Period and will decrease as more entries are received.
6. Taxes. The winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her Prize. The winner may be issued a 1099-MISC tax form for the approximate retail value of the Prize. The winner should consult his or her tax advisor about tax implications of accepting a prize package.
8. Publicity Release. Each Entrant (irrespective of whether or not such Entrant wins a Prize), grants to Sponsor an independent, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferrable, non-exclusive, worldwide right (but no obligation) and license to use Entrant’s name and/or likenesses, entry submission, biographical information, city and state of residence, Prize information, photograph, voice, and comments for purposes of advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation, from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so, unless prohibited by law.
9. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor, the NBA, Verizon Wireless and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected communications, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or any other problems in connection with the Promotion. Entrants who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person in relation to this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other persons property related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion. Sponsor shall resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud or other difficulties compromise the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE PROMOTION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Indemnity; Disputes. By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to the Entrant’s participation in the Promotion. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma conducted under the applicable rules promulgated by the American Arbitration Association; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event including attorneys' fees and (iv) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will an Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oklahoma without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable.
11. Sponsor. The Professional Basketball Club, LLC, 208 Thunder Drive, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102.
12. Winners List. To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Oklahoma City Thunder, 208 Thunder Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, Attn: Thunder Flyaway Sweepstakes. Requests for the winner list must be received within thirty (30) days after the Promotional Period ends.